My passion for career coaching began when I first read the book What Color is Your Parachute by Richard Bolles. I was a first generation college student, fresh out of school, and was pretty introverted at the time. Even though networking was new to me, I used the techniques in the book and never looked back. I was so encouraged by the contacts I made that I couldn’t stop sharing my experience with others. I went on for my Master’s in Adult Education and Leadership and added graduate level courses in Career Development.
Since then, I have worked with hundreds of people in career transition from GED applicants to PhD holders, from 18 to 80 years old, across industries and roles.
How I can support you with career decisions:
- I work from where you are and help you get to where you want to be by focusing on what is important to you.
- We identify goals and priorities and I offer customizable coaching packages to fit your needs.
- When I meet with you, I focus on your strengths and help you be learn how to network while showing up as your authentic self.
Step 1 Take Advantage of a Free Consultation with me!
I believe you deserve to work with someone who is the right fit for you so so I offer a free 15 minute consultation. During this session I want to hear about where you are and where you want to be. I will begin coaching immediately so you can get a sense of how I works.
Step 2 Strategy Session
If you decide I am the right coach for you, we will schedule a Strategy session. During this conversation, the discussion centers around your goals, dreams, and current accountabilities, both in life and work, so I can understand your priorities and what drives you.
Step 3 Assessment
During the assessment phase, I will ask you to complete a personal history review, either in a written form or interview. This sets the context for the work and ensures that I focus on what is important to you. It also builds your emotional intelligence and self awareness which serves you when you are networking and interviewing.
Assessments may include:
- Social style assessment
- Values assessment
- 360 survey of key stakeholders such as peers, partners, employee
Step 4 Action Planning
Action planning begins with an assessment debrief session during which I review the assessment results with you. This is a working document and will be used as a guide for the rest of the coaching engagement.
- Goals will be written as an outcome of the assessment phase. You will determine where to spend your time.
- We will customize your coaching package to include any of these areas:
- Resume updates and Linked In presence
- Networking tips and strategies
- Interviewing prep and practice as well as debrief
- Negotiating offers
Step 5 Implementation
We will meet regularly as agreed, to identify action steps toward goals and to accelerate progress.
- The coach is available for brief calls or email follow up throughout engagement
Step 6 Sustainability
The goal of coaching is to create sustainable success beyond the coaching engagement.
- During the last coaching session, a sustainability plan will be developed.
- Once you work with a career coach, you will be more ready to navigate future transitions.
- Clients may decide to set up a 3 to 6 month check in with the coach, but will also be encouraged to identify individuals who can support their development outside of the coaching.
Contact Therese for a free consultation now.
Read our article on landing your dream job.